Uncontested Divorce
(Agreed Divorce) 
Austin, Texas Lawyer
Your Subtitle text

FAQ - Information and Questions to Ask

Q:   Do you offer payment plans?
        A:     Yes, you can start your divorce for a little as $400. Call me for details.

Payment can be made by clicking here:

For multiple items, select one then click "Continue Shopping"

Click here to schedule a FREE consultation with a divorce lawyer

Frequently Asked Questions: 

Q:    What is an Uncontested Divorce?
        A:     An uncontested divorce in Texas (also called an: agreed divorce) is a divorce 
                in Texas when both spouses agree to the terms of the divorce, including: 
                Separation of Property (assets and debts), Standard Child Custody, and the 
                spouse who is not filing the divorce petition waives service of citation.

Q:    Can I just get some forms online and do a "do it yourself divorce" or an "online 
        divorce" by myself?
        A:    Yes, you have the right to represent yourself pro se in any matter; however, be 
                cautious as there may be areas of the law that you may not understand.  My
                uncontested divorce representation includes having a licensed attorney work 
                on your case every step of the way.  

                NOTE: Companies that offer divorce forms often do not include filing fees or                           representation by an attorney.  And some divorce firms offer low prices for a
                "pro   se" divorce but will not go to court with you or file the pleadings with an
                attorney's signature.

Q:    I want a quick divorce, how fast can I get an uncontested divorce in Texas?
        A:    Generally, the fastest you can get a divorce in Texas is 61 days.

Q:    Do you accept checks or credit cards?
        A:     Yes. You can pay online via PayPal, by phone, or in person at our office.

Q:    At what point do you become my divorce lawyer?
        A:     The attorney-client relationship is not created until you have signed a letter 
                agreement with our law firm and made payment.

Q:    I don't know where my spouse is, will that be a problem?
        A:     You will need to find your spouse in order to have an uncontested divorce in 
                Texas.  If you cannot find your spouse, but believe that your spouse will agree 
                to an uncontested divorce, our law firm may be able to help you locate your 
                spouse using public information (note that this service may be subject to 
                additional costs).

Q:    I'm not sure if my spouse will agree to an uncontested divorce, what should I do?
        A:    Often when a spouse who is opposing the divorce learns that you are 
               serious about the divorce and that agreeing to the divorce will be much 
               cheaper than contesting the divorce; that spouse will agree to the divorce.  
               One tactic is to hire our firm for the agreed divorce service, we will prepare all 
               of the needed divorce forms and divorce petition, and mail all of the needed 
               documents to your spouse.  At that point your spouse can sign the 
               documents and mail them back to our office.

Q:    I'm not sure if my divorce is an "uncontested divorce" what should I do?
        A:    Call our office, or fill-out the contact form and type in your question(s).  
                We are happy to take the time to discuss your case in order to determine if 
                our services are right for your divorce.

Kenneth "Tray" Gober, III
Attorney at Law
11940 Jollyville Road , Suite 220S
Austin, Texas 78759
Office: 512.478.8080
Fax: 512.478.8081
Cell: 214.356.3615
Call me anytime-day or night
for a free consultation!


Website Builder